Step 1: Download and the install wizard for your camera from
Step 2: Launch the install wizard:
- Step 2.1: Select a language from the drop-down menu and click Start.
- Step 2.2: Accept the End User License Agreement by checking the box next to “I accept these terms and conditions”, then click Next
- Step 2.3: Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your router and connect the power. Click Next after you have completed each step.
Step 3: Confirm that the LED on the front of the camera is lit solid green.
Step 4: Select your DCS-2136L using the radio button from the menu on the left-hand side of the camera name. Enter and confirm a new password for the administrator account in the fields provided. This password will be required when logging in to the camera’s web-based configuration interface. Click Next to continue.
Step 5: Using the radio buttons, select how you wish to connect your camera to your router for normal operation. You can choose to connect using wired connection (Ethernet cable), or a wireless connection using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), or by manually Selecting a wireless network. Choose the appropriate radio button for your configuration, and click Next to continue.
- Step 5.1: If you selected Ethernet cable connection, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your router using an Ethernet cable. Once completed, click Next to continue the wizard.
- Step 5.2: If you selected By using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your wireless router using WPS. Once completed, click Next to continue the wizard.
Note: Your router must support WPS Push-button Connection (PBC) in order to use this method.
- Step 5.3: If you selected By selecting a wireless network, choose an available wireless network from the drop-down menu. If you do not see your wireless network in the list, click Rescan to search for wireless networks again. If your network requires a password, enter it in the Wireless password field. Click Next to continue.
Step 6.1: In order to use the cloud features of your camera, you will need to register it with your mydlink account. If you do not have a mydlink account, you can create one during this step.
To add the DCS-2136L to your existing mydlink account, select Yes, I already have a mydlink account, then enter your mydlink account username (email address) and password in the fields provided and click Next.
Step 6.3: If you do not wish to use the mydlink service, select I don’t want to enable mydlink cloud service. You will not be able to use any of the cloud services associated with your camera. Click Next to continue.
Step 7: Setup is complete. A summary page with display your camera’s setup details, as well as your mydlink account information. Click Finish.
Step 9: You can now log in to your mydlink account to view and manage your DCS-2136L by visiting http://eu.mydlink.com