How do I set up and install my Wireless Extender?
Step 1: Plug the DAP-1320 into a wall outlet within wireless range of your router.
Step 2: Open the wireless utility on your computer, select the name (SSID) of the DAP-1320 network, and enter the password (both of these are found on the included Wi-Fi Configuration Card, or on the sticker on the base of the device).
Step 3: Then open a web browser and enter http://dlinkap.local in to the address bar. You can also use the IP address http://192.168.0.50.
Step 4: If this is your first time setting up the DAP-1320, the Wi-Fi Connection Setup Wizard will automatically begin. Otherwise, the Admin Password field should be left blank. Click Log In.
Step 5: Click Setup Wizard.
Step 6: Click Next.
Step 7: You can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to quickly connect your DAP-1320 to an uplink router. To set up your network manually, select the second option from the setup wizard menu. Click Next to continue.
Step 8: Select the wireless network that you wish to use as your uplink (source) from the list by clicking on it. Once you have selected the uplink network you wish to use, click Select.
Step 9: Enter the Wi-Fi Password for your uplink network. Click Next to continue.
Step 10: The DAP-1320 will re-broadcast the Wi-Fi connection from the uplink router as an extended Wi-Fi network. Enter the SSID (network name) and password that you wish to apply to the extended Wi-Fi network. If you would like the uplink router Wi-Fi network and the extended Wi-Fi network to have the same SSID and password, check the box at the bottom of the screen. Click Next to continue.
Step 11: The setup process is now complete. A summary page will appear showing the settings for both the connection to the uplink router, and the extended Wi-Fi network. It is recommended that you make a record of this information for future reference.
A green check mark between the Uplink Router and DAP-1320 icons indicates that there is a successful connection between the uplink router and DAP-1320.
Dit kan ook interessant zijn:
- How do I back up the Wi-Fi Extender’s configuration to my computer? Lees antwoord
- How do I change the Administrator password on Wi-Fi Extender? Lees antwoord
- How do I change the password for the extended network? Lees antwoord
- How do I change the SSID/network name of the extended networks? Lees antwoord
- How do I reset my Wi-Fi Extender to factory default settings? Lees antwoord
- How do I upgrade the firmware on my Wi-Fi Extender? Lees antwoord
- I have forgotten my Extended Wi-Fi password, how do I recover it? Lees antwoord