Stay connected and charge your mobile devices with D-Link’s DIR-518L Wireless AC Mobile Cloud Companion. It allows you to share wired or wireless Internet connections, or mobile Internet through a 3G USB adapter1 whether at home or away in a hotel room. Utilising the latest Wireless AC technology to give extended wireless range and speed as well as dual-band support to help reduce interference.
Wireless AC for Faster Performance
The DIR-518L incorporates the latest Wireless AC600 technology for increased range and data transfer speeds to and from compatible Wi-Fi devices. By using dual-bands to reduce radio congestion and interference, the DIR-518L can deliver a combined wireless speeds of up to 600 Mbps2 using both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Moreover, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, giving you the ability to customise your network according to your connectivity needs. You can even configure a guest zone to give visitors Internet access without giving them access to the rest of your network. Combined with support for Universal Plug and Play (uPnP), you can stream your multimedia collection smoothly and securely across all your devices and appliances, including smart TVs, game consoles, and media PCs.
mydlink™ SharePort™ – Share On the Go
Sharing audio, videos, and photos is quick and easy with the DIR-518L. Using the mydlink™ SharePort™ app for mobile devices, you can upload, download, and stream multimedia and documents to and from a USB drive attached to your DIR-518L, from anywhere in the world!3 Simply download the app, register for a free mydlink™ account, connect to your DIR-518L, and you can start sharing your media files with your friends and family as long as you have access to the Internet.
Your Power Station
The DIR-518L’s powered USB port not only connects to a 3G dongle for mobile broadband, it also keeps your gadgets charged and ready to go4. The Wireless AC Mobile Cloud Companion provides a USB port so you can charge a device by connecting its USB cable. Simply connect your smartphone or high-power devices like tablets to the USB port to start charging.
Easy to Set Up, Easy to Use
The DIR-518L includes a user-friendly interface that stores your connection details for you so you only have to enter them once. Whether you’re connected via your 3G adapter for mobile Internet or to the Wi-Fi hotspot of your favorite café, the DIR-518L helps you keep all of your devices connected, automatically!
1. For a list of compatible 3G USB adapters, check your local D-Link website.
2. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.
3. For an optimal streaming experience, 2 MB of upload bandwidth is recommended.
4. The DIR-518L only supports charging on the USB port (1 A) in Charger mode.
- How do I add a mydlink-enabled device to my account if it's currently registered to another account? Read Answer
Quick installation guide
The GPL code and LGPL code used in this product is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY and is subject to the copyrights of one or more authors. For details, see the GPL code and the LGPL code for this product and the terms of the GPL and LGPL.