How do I setup my ADSL router for Internet Access?
Step 1. Open up a web browser and type in theIP address of the ADSL router(default is 192.168.1.1). PressEnter.
Step 2. Enter the Login nameand password (default is admin/admin). Click onLogin.
Step 3. Click on the Setup tabat the top and then click on Connection 1 on theleft.
Step 4. Configure the following for yourconnection:
- Type - Set the connection Type to PPPoA
- Name - Type in the name for theconnection
- Options - Enable the NAT and Firewalloptions
- Encapsulation - set to VC
- Username - Type in the ISP login username
- Password - Type in the login password
- Keep alive - leave default
- MAX Fail - leave default
- MRU - leave default
- Set Route - enable set route
- VPI - set to ISP recommended settings (i.e. 0)(UK ADSL commonly uses VPI=0 and VCI=38)
- VCI - set to ISP recommended settings (i.e.38) (UK ADSL commonly uses VPI=0 and VCI=38)
- QoS - leave default
- PCR - leave default
- SCR - leave default
Click on Apply.
Step 5. Click on the Statustab at the top. Click on Connection Statuson the left side. The Connection information can be seen in the WANsection of the page.
Step 6. Click on Tools at thetop. Click on System Commands on the left. Clickon Save All to permanently save the changes.