D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter is an ideal solution for connecting computers, HD media players, game consoles, and network attached storage devices to your home network. Simply connect one adapter to your router and plug it into an existing power outlet to turn every other power outlet in your home into a possible network connection - just plug in additional adapters as needed*.
THE ULTIMATE IN MULTIMEDIA STREAMING
D-Link’s Powerline HD Ethernet Adapter is ideal for connecting an Ethernet-enabled digital media device such as a Tivo® or Slingbox™ to your network and the Internet. D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapters also enable you to connect gaming consoles like the Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, or Nintento Wii™ to the Internet. To top it all off, QoS support helps prioritize your data, enabling smooth video streaming and lag-free gaming.
Connect multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home by attaching a switch or wireless access point to a D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter*. Plus, D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapters implement 3DES encryption for securing your connection to help keep your data safe from intruders.
With hassle-free plug & play installation, D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter (DHP-300) and Starter Kit (DHP-301) are an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter (DHP-300) and Starter Kit (DHP-301) take advantage of your home’s existing electrical wiring to create or extend a network*. Turn every power outlet into a possible network connection to connect computers, digital media players, and game consoles throughout your home*.
EXPERIENCE DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT
- Uses your home’s existing electrical wiring*.
- Stream HD media content across your network.
- Up to 200Mbps** throughput.
- Connect computers, game consoles, and multimedia devices to the Internet.
- Plugs into existing power outlets*.
- QoS support helps prioritize Internet traffic.
- Extend your wireless LAN by connecting an access point to achieve stronger wireless signals in remote areas.
- Supports enhanced network security.
- Simple Plug-and-Play installation.
*Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring condition and configuration, may affect the performance of this product. Additional D-Link PowerLine HD adapters required to add new devices to the network. A minimum of two D-Link Powerline HD Ethernet Adapters are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug adapter directly into a wall outlet.
**Maximum throughput based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch or a touch-sensitive on/off feature, short wave radios, or other powerline devices that do not follow the Universal Powerline Association (UPA) standard.
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet/ 802.3u Fast Ethernet
POWER LINE INTERFACE
- Power prongs
- Connector: country-dependent 3
- Port: 10/100BASE-TX with auto MDI
- Connector: RJ-45
POWER LINE MODULATION SCHEME
- OFDM Symbol Modulation
POWER LINE FREQUENCY BAND
- 2MHz to 32MHz
- Power Line: 200Mbps (PHY rate) 2
- Ethernet: 10/100Mbps (auto-negotiation)
- 802.1P Priority Queues standard
- 3DES data encryption
- User-configurable Net ID (data encryption key)
- 802.1Q VLAN Tagging (fixed value, not user-configurable)
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- (To run Utility Program)
- PC with 233MHz processor
- 64MB memory
- Windows XP SP2 or 2000 SP4
- Ethernet adapter (100Mbps)
- Power Line Link
- Power Line Activity
- Ethernet Link/ Activity
- 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 160mA
DIMENSIONS (Per adapter)
- 101 x 71 x 37 mm
- (3.98 x 2.79 x 1.46 inches)
WEIGHT (Per adapter)
- 172 grams (0.379 lb)
- 0˚ to 40˚C (32˚ to 104˚F)
- -20˚ to 70˚C (-4˚ to 158˚F)
- 10% to 95% RH non-condensing
- 10 to 90% RH non-condensing
- FCC Part 15 Class B
- 100,000 hours or higher
- Why is my power-line ethernet adapter slower than 200Mbps? Read Answer
- I have lost my password. Is there any way to reset the DHP-300? I cannot find a reset button. Read Answer
- Why is my powerline ethernet adapter slower than advertised? Read Answer
- Why can my two powerline adapters not connect? Read Answer