PowerLine AV Wireless N Starter Kit
- Product Status: Phased Out
The D-Link PowerLine AV Wireless N Starter Kit (DHP-W307AV) comes with one wireless extender (DHP-W306AV) and one adapter (DHP-306AV) and is compliant with the HomePlug AV standard to instantly transform your home’s existing electrical wiring into a high-speed network.
Convenient setup and secure operation
The two adapters in the DHP-W307AV kit plug directly into any power outlet1, and do not require any additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home via Ethernet cable or Wireless N. For convenient setup, wired or wireless encryption keys can be quickly configured at the push of a button on the device, to protect the network from unauthorised wire tapping. With hassle-free plug and play installation, the DHP-W307AV is an ideal solution for creating a wall-to-wall home network.
Ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications
The DHP-W307AV is capable of delivering wired data transfer rates of up to 200 Mbps. Advanced technology built into these adapters makes them more resistant to electrical interference from other household appliances, so users can fully benefit from the maximum transmission speeds. This makes it ideal for bandwidth intensive applications, guaranteeing smooth HD video streaming, VoIP calls, and lag-free online gaming experiences. In addition, its Quality of Service (QoS) Engine prioritises Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while web surfing and downloads are in progress. This kit provides ample network bandwidth, enabling Digital Home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
Based on the industry-leading PowerLine Alliance technology, the adapters in the DHP-W307AV kit are compatible with other brands’ devices based on the same Homeplug AV standard, such as D-Link’s DHP-306AV/-307AV, and DHP-P306AV/-P307AV. The Wireless N standard is also backwards compatible with Wireless G devices. To protect your investment, these PowerLine adapters are IPv6 ready, to continue compatibility with future networks.
The PowerLine Homeplug AV Wireless N Starter Kit is part of D-Link Green, D-Link’s program for providing eco friendly alternatives without compromising performance: if data transmission does not occur over a certain period of time, the adapters will automatically go into sleep mode to save power. The unique WLAN Scheduler allows you to shut down the wireless when not in use, such as in work hours or at nights.
1 Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system.
Actual product appearance may differ from the image displayed on this page
- Homeplug AV technology by industry leader Atheros
- One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port for connection to a router, set-top box, media player or other devices
- Two fixed external 2 dBi omni-directional antennae
- Power prongs for direct plugging into a power socket (country dependant)
Homeplug AV performance
- Up to 200 Mbps PowerLine data rate
- Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) engine to prioritise video, Internet phone (VoIP) calls and games
- Up to 300 Mbps wireless speeds
- Latest encryption method, with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)
- Security at the touch of a button (WPS™)
Configuration and management
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- Simple push-button security with AES data encryption
- Management via Windows-based utility program
- Standby mode for power saving, EuP compliant