D‑Link unveils newest hybrid Wi‑Fi system for ultra‑fast, extended network coverage
The Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi‑Fi System is the world’s first hybrid, whole home network that extends seamless connectivity through the home
01 september, 2017
D-Link has unveiled its Covr Whole Home Wi-Fi family of devices, announcing its Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System (COVR-P2502) – providing one seamless, whole home network and ultra-fast, unparalleled home broadband coverage.
D-Link’s Covr Hybrid Powerline Wi-Fi System is the world’s first whole-home Wi-Fi solutions to utilise Powerline technology at its foundation, utilising the existing home router and a set of adapters to create a full coverage solution across the home. Powerline uses the home’s existing electrical wiring to transfer network data, turning electrical circuits into a high-speed wired network and making every power socket a potential network outlet. It provides a more reliable and stable connection which doesn’t degrade much over distance or when passing through building materials, ideal across Europe, where a majority of houses have solid concrete/brick walls.
The Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System is engineered to eliminate the need for multiple networks, poor connections and Wi-Fi black-spots. Comprising a pair of hybrid Powerline Wi-Fi hotspots, which connect to existing electrical wiring in a home via a standard plug socket.
This means users can move freely around the building, switching between the hotspot without losing connection on a smartphone or tablet, talk, video chat or stream music and videos without disruption.
Key benefits include:
- Works in homes that have thick walls and flooring that block Wi-Fi
- Easy to set up, and works straight out of the box
- Work with existing routers from Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Can be configured using a smartphone or tablet without the need for a computer
- Latest dual-band Wireless AC1200 with combined speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps
- Supports Multiple-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) for optimised speed and efficiency, especially when multiple devices are connected
- Each hotspot is connected by a dedicated Powerline AV2 with speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps that does not compromise the Wi-Fi performance
- Integrated Gigabit ports allow five additional wired devices to be connected
- Users can access super-fast Wi-Fi and extend the area covered up to 450m2.
The D-Link Covr range combines the latest in Wi-Fi and Powerline technology to create a seamless wi-fi network, providing home users with the platform needed to create a reliable home network with ultra-fast speeds.
Featuring three Gigabit Ethernet ports per adapter, users can connect computers, smart TVs and other devices directly to an Ethernet port in a nearby power socket, eliminating the need to run Ethernet cables throughout the home. Additional modules for the D-Link Covr Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System provide further options for flexibly growing Wi-Fi networks in the home and for small businesses.
Users can tailor D-Link’s Hybrid Whole Home Powerline Wi-Fi System with additional hotspots, if required, without the need for expensive professional installation. Each D-Link hotspot comes with intuitive technology to determine the strength of the Wi-Fi signal, and automatically connects devices to the Wi-Fi source on the system that will offer optimum connectivity.
* Not available in UK and Ireland.