How do I configure motion detection on my camera?
To be used if your D-Link Cloud Camera is already registered with the mydlink Cloud Service.
Step 1: Open your web browser and enter http://www.mydlink.com/
Step 2: Enter your mydlink ID (email) and password at the login screen and click Sign in.
Step 3: Select the camera and click on the Settings tab.
Step 4: Select the Motion Detection checkbox.
Step 5: Select the detection area and sensitivity you would like using the drawing tools. Click Next to continue.
Step 6 Select the detection schedule and click Next.
You can also select individual days using the checkboxes, and specify a From and To time in the fields provided.
Step 6: Click finish.
Step 7: Click Save to save the current configuration and activate motion detection.
Step 8: Click Save to confirm the changes.
Step 1: Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the camera in the address bar (default is 192.168.0.20). Press Enter.
Step 2: The default username is admin and the password field should be left blank. Click OK.
Step 3: Click on Setup on the top menu bar.
Step 3: Click Motion Detection from the menu on the left-hand side.
Step 4: Click Enable under the Motion Detection Settings section.
Step 5: Specify whether you want to Always have motion detection enabled, or define a Schedule of your choosing. When choosing a schedule, use the checkboxes to select individual days, and specify a Start and Stop time for the schedule on each of the days selected.
Step 6: Specify how sensitive you would like motion detection to be.
Step 7: Use your mouse to define the areas of the video that you would like to monitor for motion. Clicking once on a square within the grid will select that area of the video for motion detection. Clicking the same area again will deselect the area.
Step 8: Click the Save Settings button to save the new settings.
These may also help:
- How do I access my mydlink camera remotely? Read Answer
- How do I change the LAN IP address of my camera? Read Answer
- What can I do when Active X fails to install during my mydlink camera setup? Read Answer
- How do I configure the audio settings on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I enable a new camera in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I manually upgrade the firmware on my camera? Read Answer
- How do I mount my camera to a wall or ceiling? Read Answer
- How do I reset my camera to factory default settings? Read Answer
- How do I set an administrator (admin) password on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I set up and install my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I set up motion detection and recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I set up scheduled recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer