D‑Link Return Materials Authorization (RMA) Replacement Policy
This policy sets out the process by which you may return faulty D-Link products, and D-Link (Europe) Limited of First Floor, Artemis Building, Odyssey Business Park, West End Road, South Ruislip, England, HA4 6QE (registered number 03062020) ("D-Link") will replace faulty D-Link products under warranty (subject to any statutory rights you may have as a "consumer" in respect of faulty or non-faulty products).
D-Link is firmly committed to providing its customers reliable and as-described D-Link products through authorized D-Link resellers. To the extent permitted by law, D-Link's policy is to fulfil our product warranties and to perform customer support services (including replacing faulty D-Link products under and in accordance with this policy) but will only do so in respect of D-Link products: (a) purchased from authorized European D-Link resellers; (b) with a valid D-Link serial number; and (c) for which you have a valid receipt or proof of purchase (a "D-Link Product"). To the extent permitted by law, D-Link will not honour any D-Link product warranties or provide any related customer support services for D-Link products that do not meet these criteria i.e. that are not D-Link Products for the purposes of this policy.
You must contact our Customer Support Team if you wish to make a claim under this RMA Replacement Policy or have any questions regarding the process. You must confirm your consent to the following terms when you lodge a claim under this RMA Replacement Policy (regardless of the RMA return method selected).
The Customer Support Team will endeavour to resolve the fault with you via phone/email/chat methods. If the fault persists despite these efforts, our Customer Support Team may instigate this RMA process to further investigate the fault. This RMA product replacement process will only take place if our customer support representative identifies that the D-Link Product in question is faulty and requires further inspection.
D-Link reserves the right to change this RMA replacement policy at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised RMA replacement policy shall be posted on this website and shall apply to any replacement request made after the date on which this was made available. Please check the latest information posted herein to be informed of any changes. Note that any such changes will not apply retrospectively to any RMA claims already in progress.
Types of RMA D-Link Product Replacements:
D-Link will replace faulty D-Link Products in accordance with one of the three approaches depending on the nature of the fault, product and the customer:
- Dead-On-Arrival RMA Return/Replacement
A D-Link Product will be regarded as "Dead-on-Arrival" if a fault is determined by the customer support representative during the first thirty (30) days from the D-Link Product purchase date specified in your valid invoice/proof of purchase. The process set out under the heading "RMA Process" applies if you are eligible for a replacement product under this category (in particular paragraphs 19 to 24) in addition to any other statutory rights you may have.
- Standard RMA Return/Replacement
In the event of a fault determined by the D-Link customer support representative during the warranty period set out in the table below and after the first 30 (thirty) days from date of purchase specified in your valid invoice/proof of purchase; then the "Standard RMA Return/Replacement" policy applies. The process set out under the heading "RMA Process" applies if you are eligible for a replacement product under this category (in particular paragraphs 19 to 24).
- Next Business Day Shipment (NBDS) Advanced RMA Return/Replacement
You may be eligible for the D-Link "Next Business Day Shipment Return/Replacement" method. This means that you may request and D-Link will dispatch a replacement product to you as soon as you notify the Customer Support Team of your faulty D-Link Product and the D-Link customer support representative determines that the D-Link Product requires further inspection (i.e., we will dispatch the replacement product on the next business day, subject to any delays caused by/to the postage/courier services D-Link uses to send your replacement product, and always in accordance with this policy).
The NBDS advanced return/replacement service is only available in respect of: (a) a D-Link Product with either a 5-Year & Limited Life Time Warranty or a valid 3 Year Extended Warranty purchased to supplement the standard 2 Year Warranty; and (b) customers who are willing to provide a refundable pre-authorised credit card payment guarantee for the value of the replacement product) in the event that the customer fails to return the faulty D-Link Product, or there is severe damage to the D-Link Product or if it is inoperable after authorised modifications, or if D-Link never received it (an "Eligible NBDS Customer"). The NBDS is not available in respect of D-Link Products only with the standard 2 Year Warranty (and an individual will not be an Eligible NBDS Customer in these circumstances).
Please refer to the following table for the eligibility of NBDS advanced replacement RMA service:
The process set out under the heading "RMA Process" applies if you are eligible for a replacement product under this category (in particular paragraphs 10 to 17).
Submission of an RMA Request:
A unique RMA approval number must be obtained from a D-Link’s customer support representative before any product is returned (see paragraph 3 under the heading "RMA Process"). This RMA approval number is necessary to ensure correct tracking and handling of the returned product in D-Link’s RMA warehouse. D-Link reserves the right to refuse any returned products that do not have an RMA approval number. You must reference your unique RMA approval number in any correspondence with D-Link in relation to your claim. See paragraph 6 under the heading "RMA Process" for more information on this item.
Do not return any faulty product to D-Link before speaking with a D-Link customer support representative and complying with the following process:
- Contact D-Link customer support via https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/support/business-contact setting out a description of your product and the nature of the fault.
- A D-Link customer support representative will endeavour to troubleshoot your problem remotely via telephone/chat/email methods. If the D-Link customer support representative deems that your product is faulty and needs to be replaced, you must provide additional information via D-Link’s self-service portal, including the following:
- Your full contact information
- Product part number and serial number
- Proof of purchase
- Credit Card Details (this is only required for NBDS Advanced RMA Returns / Replacement, see paragraphs 10 to 17 below).
- Upon receipt and validation of the above information by D-Link, an email will be sent to you containing full instructions on how to return the faulty D-Link Product along with your unique RMA approval number.
- You also will be provided with a return label via email along with the instructions to return/replace your D-Link Product.
- Where possible include everything that came with the product except in the event that the product uses a Micro SD card or a Hard Drive, in which case please ensure you retain the Micro SD card/Hard Drive for future use with the replacement product.
- You must ensure that this return label is clearly visible on the package containing the faulty D-Link Product and make sure that the address and barcodes are not covered or amended on the return label. D-Link will use all reasonable endeavours to ascertain the connection between a customer/RMA approval number/D-Link Product. However, if D-Link cannot confirm the RMA approval number connected with a package or identify you as the owner, the package will either be returned to the sender at your cost (if possible) or, where D-Link is able to notify you of such, you may collect the package at your cost ("Unidentified Return Products").
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties, D-Link will obtain all rights in any Unidentified Return Products on the 20th business day after D-Link receives the item and that Unidentified Return Product will be scrapped or recycled in accordance with the WEEE Regulation. You will not be issued with a replacement product, and in the case of the "Next Business Day Shipment (NBDS) Advanced RMA Returns/Replacement" method, you may be charged for the replacement product
- Return the package to the address indicated on the printed label. Make sure the receipt and/or proof of posting is retained in case a claim has to be made for a lost parcel.
- You may also return a faulty D-Link Product to the authorised D-Link reseller from whom you purchased the product provided that you comply with that reseller's terms of sale.
Additional terms for Next Business Day Shipment (NBDS) Advanced RMA Return/Replacement
- The following process applies in respect of D-Link products returned via the "Next Business Day Shipment (NBDS) Advanced RMA Return/Replacement" method (in addition to the process set out in paragraphs 1 to 9 above).
- If a faulty D-Link Product needs to be replaced via the NBDS method:
- an authorised D-Link customer support representative must confirm that you are an Eligible NBDS Customer for the purposes of this policy;
- you must confirm your acceptance to this RMA Replacement Policy (via the self-service portal) in respect of the NBDS service (note that D-Link will not provide the NBDS service until an Eligible NBDS Customer has provided this consent); and
- you must provide valid credit card details via D-Link’s self-service portal within 7 business days of the issuance of the relevant RMA approval number with an authorized pending payment for the value of the replacement product (the "Pre-Authorized Payment")
- If the Pre-Authorisation Payment is successful, D-Link will dispatch from its warehouse a replacement product of equivalent or better functionality on that business day (or the next business day as applicable) to the address provided by the Eligible NBDS Customer. D-Link will send the Eligible NBDS Customer an email with the tracking details for their replacement product. If the Pre-Authorisation Payment is unsuccessful then no replacement product will be dispatched until a valid Pre-Authorisation Payment is obtained from the Eligible NBDS Customer and D-Link will notify you that your Pre-Authorisation Payment has been unsuccessful.
- Nothing will be charged to the credit card details provided by the Eligible NBDS Customer in respect of that RMA approval number claim if the faulty product is received by D-Link within 15 business days from the date on which the replacement product is dispatched to the Eligible NBDS Customer (and D-Link will cancel that Pre-Authorised Payment in full).
- The Pre-Authorised Payment will be charged to the credit card provided by the Eligible NBDS Customer if D-Link does not receive the faulty product within 15 business days from the date on which the replacement product is dispatched. A reminder email will be sent to the Eligible NBDS Customer on the 8th day that D-Link has not received the faulty D-Link Product.
- If your original D-Link Product arrives late, D-Link will remove the charge for the replacement product / refund you for the replacement product (as applicable) and you'll only pay the late fee of 15% of the total value of the Pre-Authorised Payment. A late return is between 15 and 180 days after D-Link ships the replacement to you. If your original D-Link Product arrives late and you can prove to our satisfaction that the faulty product was returned on time but was delayed due to an issue with the postal service or courier, D-Link will remove the charge in respect of the replacement product / refund you for the replacement product (as applicable) and will not charge the late fee. If your fault is caused by severe damage to your D-Link Product or if it is inoperable after unauthorised modifications or D-Link never receives it, D-Link will charge you the replacement value to the authorised credit card.
- If you cannot for any reason comply with this process (but wish to use the "Next Business Day Shipment (NBDS) Advanced RMA Return/Replacement" method), please contact D-Link’s Customer Support and D-Link may in its sole discretion agree to deviate from this process.
- All RMA approval numbers will expire (and an Eligible NBDS Customer must re-start a NBDS service claim) within 7 business days if no valid pre-authorised credit card payment guarantee is provided by the Eligible NBDS Customer.
- To the extent permitted by law, the replacement product will continue the remaining warranty from the Eligible NBDS Customer's original product.
- The following process applies in respect of D-Link products returned via the "Dead-On-Arrival RMA Return/Replacement" method or the Standard RMA Return/Replacement method (in addition to the process set out in paragraphs 1 to 9 above).
- D-Link will replace the faulty D-Link Product with an equivalent or better functionality refurbished unit(s) upon receipt of your faulty D-Link Product. D-Link will dispatch a replacement product to you as soon as D-Link has deemed your product to be faulty.
- If you are not a "consumer" for the purposes of the relevant laws or if you are returning the faulty D-Link Product to Belgium or Poland: (a) for DOA, D-Link will pay all of the costs associated the collection of your faulty D-Link Product and delivery of your replacement product; and (b) for Standard RMA Return/Replacement, D-Link will pay for the delivery of the replacement product and the customer will pay for return of your faulty D-Link Product.
- If you are a "consumer" for the purposes of the relevant laws, D-Link will pay all of the costs associated the collection of your faulty D-Link Product and delivery of your replacement product.
- To the extent permitted by law, the replacement product will continue the remaining warranty from your original product
- Once the replacement product is dispatched from our RMA warehouse, the courier tracking number will be emailed to the customer
Additional terms for Dead-On-Arrival RMA Return/Replacement method and Standard RMA Return/Replacement method