Wireless Setup For WINDOWS 7
Position the DSL-2750B in your desired location, and connect the power cable to the rear of the device. From the ADSL micro filter device that provides the separated telephone and ADSL cables, connect the ADSL one to the grey socket marked DSL also on the rear of the device. Finally, connect a network cable from one of the yellow LAN sockets on the rear of the device to the LAN socket on your computer. It is recommended that you configure the device whilst connected via cable. If you are planning to use the device via the Wireless, set up first your LAN network and your Wireless connection whilst connected via cable. You can then configure the Internet connection via Wireless.
Open the Network and Sharing Centre on your PC and on the left-hand side of the window, click on Change Adapter Settings. Your installed network adapters should now be visible. The Ethernet cable adapter will be called Local Area Connection. If you are using one, there will be another connection labelled Wireless Network Connection. If either is greyed out, right-click and on the menu that appears, left-click on Enable. You will likely only need one enabled at any one time.
Single-left-click on the Local Area Connection and then right-click and select Properties from the menu that appears. In the box that then appears, look for Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-left-click on it. The new box that appears is where you can configure the LAN address settings of your computer. For IP Address and DNS Servers you should select Obtain Automatically. Click Accept (this will close the window) and Accept again on the Local Area Connection properties window (which will close). Your network settings will now be updated.
To access the configuration pages on your device, open a web browser, and in the address bar type the IP address of the DSL-2750B (default address is 192.168.1.1).
Log in (default User: admin; default Password: admin), and go to Setup -> LAN Setup
The Wireless Connection allows you to access your LAN network without a cable. You will need to configure your Wireless Network Connection on your PC the same as you did for the Local Area Connection.
Login to the DSL-2750B and go to Setup -> Wireless Setup.
Click on Manual Wireless Connection Setup.
- Enable Wireless: should be ticked. If you wish manage the times that the Wireless Connection is active, click on New and define a Schedule Rule for the hours and days you wish to set. Once defined, click on the drop-down arrow next to Always, and select your rule.
- Wireless Network Name (SSID): choose a name for your Wireless Network Connection.
- Wireless Channel: leave on Auto to allow the DSL-2750B to select the best available channel for your location.
- 802.11 Mode: leave on Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b for the best compatibility with wireless devices connecting to your DSL-2750B.
- Channel Width: channel bandwidth. Maximum rate for 20 MHz is 130 Mbps. Maximum rate for 40 MHz is 270 Mbps. Can be set to Auto.
- Visibility Status: leave set to Visible.
- AP Isolation: isolates each wirelessly-connected device from any others connected
WIRELESS SECURITY MODE
- Security Mode: Set WPA-Personal for the highest Wireless Connection security.
- WPA Mode: for the strongest encryption set WPA2 Only. To allow older devices with only WPA to connect, select WPA or WPA2.
- Pre-Shared Key: Set your Wireless Connection password here.
Click Apply Settings, and then click Reboot.
You can now disconnect the cable from your PC to the DSL-2750B. In your PC’s Network Connections window, single-left-click on the Local Area Connection and right-click on Disable. Single-left-click on the Wireless Network Connection and right-click, select Properties and in the new window, double-left-click on IPv4. In the IPv4 Properties window, ensure you select IP Address and DNS Servers to Obtain Automatically and click Accept and then Accept again. Go to the Available Wireless Networks (usually at bottom right of screen, in the System Tray next to the Time/Date display), open the list and look for the SSID of your Wireless network.
Click on it to connect, enter the password that you choose as the Pre-Shared Key and click OK. You should now be connected wirelessly.