High availability and high connectivity in Stockholm
D‑Link’s switches deliver a robust, reliable and very secure infrastructure for their customers.
Stockholms Stadsnät provide Internet, IPTV and IP telephony services through their fibre network. Their main objective is to offer stable, fast and scaleable services to corporate and private customers in the greater Stockholm area. Stockholms Stadsnät’s main challenges include delivering the capacity purchased by each of their customers, usually 1/1 Gbps to corporations and households, and to maintain high service availability. In order to achieve this, they need a future-proof technical solution for tomorrow’s digital infrastructure, plus invested long-term partners that support their business.
“We have been using D-Link as the main supplier since 2012, and they have always delivered excellent service with local presence.” - Stefan Westerberg - CTO & Owner Stockhomls Stadsnät
Stockholms Stadsnät have realised that fibre networks are the only solution that can meet future requirements, which is why their services are created based on this technology. Using fibre technology raises the value of buildings, venues and apartments, and also provides the capacity and uptime required by today’s markets. Customers can rest assured that their network is certified to handle all Internet, IPTV and IP telephony services. D-Link has delivered sustainable infrastructure solutions to Stockholms Stadsnät for several years now, including access switches and core switches for their fibre network. D-Link’s switches deliver a robust, reliable and very secure infrastructure for their customers. They are easily scaleable and expandable, and can handle all requirements posed by modern service providers—both today and in the future.
- The DGS-3120 Series are used as access switches. They are very secure and can handle basic functions such as DHCP Snooping, QinQ, port isolation, VLAN, IPv6, IMPB etc. They support both copper and fibre connections with speeds up to 1 Gbps. The uplink speed is 10 Gbps.
- The DGS-3130 Series are the next generation of access switches, which are now being installed in networks. They include the same functionality found in the DGS-3120 series, plus added capacity in order to meet future requirements. The uplink speed is 10 Gbps.
- The DXS-3600 Series are used as 10 Gbps core switches and as connectors for all access switches. These switches have the capacity to handle high user workloads without compromising security. They are installed in a redundant ring for maximum availability.
- The DXS-5000 Series are new high performing switches with a large number of 10 Gbps ports. These switches function as core switches and are successors to the DXS-3600 series.
- The DGS-3420 Series are mainly used as distributions and access switches when the fibre network requires capacity increases. These switches have an uplink speed of 40 Gbps.
- The DXS-1210 Series are new switches that can be used to connect end-users with a 10 Gbps connection. They are usedtogether with the DGS-3130 series for enduser functionality.
- Unified software image with powerful L2 and L3 features
- 6x 10 Gigabit ports
- 6kV Surge Protection for Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) options, up to 740W with RPS
- D-Link Safeguard Engine
- Limited Lifetime Warranty with registration
The DGS-3120 xStack Series switches are enhanced L2 access stackable switches designed to connect end-users in a secure SMB or enterprise network. These switches support physical stacking, multicast, and enhanced security, making them an ideal Gigabit access layer solution.
- 10GbE bandwidth connections
- 25GbE SFP28 ports1 (DXS-1210-28T only)
- Layer 2 management and security, with Layer 3 Lite features
- Industry standard full CLI, web-based GUI, console port
- Static Routing and MSTP
- D-Link Limited-Lifetime Warranty after registration