- If you forget your router’s password, you can perform a reset to return all settings to the factory default.
- If you can’t open the login web page or log in to the device.
- If you change your network environment.
- If you want to assign device to another mydlink account.
- If you encounter a problem while registering the device to the mydlink service.
Step 1: While the router is on, use the end of a paper clip to press the button inside the pinhole on the side of the router, as highlighted by the red square below.
Step 2: Hold the button down for 10 seconds and then release.
Step 3: The unit will reboot automatically. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the unit has been reset. Resetting the router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version, it only changes all settings back to factory defaults.
1. The factory default username is Admin, and there is no password.
2. You will need to register the router with mydlink again after a factory reset.