Step 1: Download and the install wizard for your camera from
Step 2: Launch the install wizard:
- Step 2.1: Click Set up your Cloud Camera to begin the installation process.
- Step 2.2: Select a language from the drop-down menu and click Start.
- Step 2.3: Accept the End User License Agreement by checking the box next to “I accept these terms and conditions”, then click Next
- Step 2.4: Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your router and connect the power. Click Next after you have completed each step.
- Step 2.5: Confirm that the LED on the front of the camera is lit solid green.
Step 3: Select your DCS-6004L using the radio button from the menu on the left-hand side of the camera name. Enter and confirm a new password for the administrator account in the fields provided. This password will be required when logging in to the camera’s web-based configuration interface. Click Next to continue.
- Step 4.1: Check the Ethernet cable radio button to select your connection method, and click Next to continue.
- Step 4.2: The below screen will appear while the camera checks your Internet connection.
- Step 5.1: In order to use the cloud features of your camera, you will need to register it with your mydlink account. If you do not have a mydlink account, you can create one during this step.
To add the DCS-6004L to your existing mydlink account, select Yes, I already have a mydlink account, then enter your mydlink account username (email address) and password in the fields provided and click Next.
- Step 5.3: If you do not wish to use the mydlink service, select I don’t want to enable mydlink cloud service. You will not be able to use any of the cloud services associated with your camera. Click Next to continue.
Step 6: Setup is complete. A summary page with display your camera’s setup details, as well as your mydlink account information. Click Finish.
Step 7: You can now log in to your mydlink account to view and manage your DCS-6004L by visiting http://www.mydlink.com