How do I set up and install my DCS-5020L?
Step 1: Download and the install wizard for your camera from http://eu.mydlink.com/download
Step 2: Launch the install wizard:
•Step 2.1 : Select a language from the drop-down menu and click Start.
•Step 2.2: Accept the End User License Agreement by checking the box next to “I accept these terms and conditions”, then click Next.
•Step 2.3: Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your router and connect the power. Click Next after you have completed each step.
Step 4.4: Confirm that the LED on the front of the camera is lit solid green.
•Step 4.5: Select your DCS-5020L using the radio button from the menu on the left-hand side of the camera name. Enter and confirm a new password for the administrator account in the fields provided. This password will be required when logging in to the camera’s web-based configuration interface. Click Next to continue.
•Step 4.6: Using the radio buttons, select how you wish to connect your camera to your router for normal operation. You can choose to connect using a wired Ethernet connection (Ethernet cable), using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), or by selecting an available wireless network. Click Next to continue.
If you selected Ethernet Cable connection, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your router using a wired connection. Once completed, click Next to continue the wizard.
If you selected By using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), follow the on-screen instructions to connect your camera to your wireless router using WPS. Once completed, click Next to continue the wizard.
Note: Your router must support WPS Push-button Connection (PBC) in order to use this method.
If you selected By Selecting a Wireless Network, choose an available wireless network from the drop-down menu. If you do not see your wireless network in the list, click Rescan to search for wireless networks again. If your network requires a password, enter it in the Wireless password field. Click Next to continue.
•Step 4.7.1: In order to use the cloud features of your camera, you will need to add it to your mydlink account. If you do not have a mydlink account, you can create one at this step.
To add the DCS-5020L to your existing mydlink account, select Yes, I already have a mydlink account, then enter your mydlink account username (email address) and password in the fields provided and click Next.
4.6.3: If you selected I don’t want to enable mydlink cloud service, you will not be able to use any of the cloud services associated with your camera. Click Next to continue.
•Step 4.7: Setup is complete. A summary page with display your camera’s setup details, as well as your mydlink account information. Click Finish.
Step 5: Log in to your mydlink account to view and manage your DCS-5020L at http://eu.mydlink.com
These may also help:
- How do I access my mydlink camera remotely? Read Answer
- How do I change the LAN IP address of my camera? Read Answer
- What can I do when Active X fails to install during my mydlink camera setup? Read Answer
- How do I configure motion detection on my camera? Read Answer
- How do I configure the audio settings on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I enable a new camera in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I manually upgrade the firmware on my camera? Read Answer
- How do I mount my camera to a wall or ceiling? Read Answer
- How do I reset my camera to factory default settings? Read Answer
- How do I set an administrator (admin) password on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I set up motion detection and recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I set up scheduled recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How many types of motion detection are available on my IP camera? Read Answer