How do I back up the Wi-Fi Extender’s configuration to my computer?
Step 1: Open a web browser and enter http://dlinkap.local in the address bar.
Step 2: Enter your Admin Password in the field provided. If you have not changed the password from the default setting, the password field should be left blank. Click Log In.
Step 3: Move the cursor to the Management tab at the top right-hand corner of the screen, then click System from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: To save the current configuration settings of your wireless router to a file, click the Save Configuration to File button. Depending on your browser, the file may be automatically saved to your ‘Downloads’ folder, or a ‘Save File’ or similar dialog box will appear, asking you where you wish to save the file.
To load a previously saved configuration file, click Select File. Once you have located the configuration file (config_rpt.bin) on your hard drive, click OK. The name of the file will be displayed next to the Select File button. Click Restore Configuration from File. A confirmation dialogue will appear, click OK to commence the loading of the configuration.
Note: If you have upgraded or downgraded the firmware on your Wi-Fi Extender, do not load configuration files that were saved using a previous firmware version. The load will not be successful, and can damage the unit.
These may also help:
- How do I change the Administrator password on Wi-Fi Extender? Read Answer
- How do I change the password for the extended network? Read Answer
- How do I change the SSID/network name of the extended networks? Read Answer
- How do I reset my Wi-Fi Extender to factory default settings? Read Answer
- How do I set up and install my Wireless Extender? Read Answer
- How do I upgrade the firmware on my Wi-Fi Extender? Read Answer
- I have forgotten my Extended Wi-Fi password, how do I recover it? Read Answer