Wireless AC1200 Dual‑Band Gigabit Cloud Router
- Product Status: Phased Out
The Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Cloud Router with AC SmartBeam™ Technology creates a blazing fast home network that connects all of your computers and mobile devices to your broadband Internet connection, 3 times faster than the previous standard. Concurrent dual-band 802.11ac brings you the future of high-bandwidth wireless connectivity allowing you to stream HD video, make Internet calls, and surf the Internet from every corner of your home without interruption.
The DIR-860L Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Cloud Router lets you easily connect to, control and monitor your network using the future of wireless technology and unique mydlink™. By downloading the free mydlink™ app you can monitor your home network remotely. Plus, with the included SharePort™ Technology, accessing and sharing your files, playlists and videos has never been so easy.
Fast and Reliable Home Networking
This router creates the fastest home network possible today connecting all of your computers and mobile devices to your broadband Internet connection. Concurrent dual-band 802.11ac with D-Link’s AC SmartBeam™ technology brings you the future of high-bandwidth wireless connectivity, allowing you to stream HD video, make Internet calls, and surf the Internet from every corner of your home without interruption. Gigabit Ethernet ports provide high-speed wired connections for up to four PCs or other devices. It’s stylish, easy-to-use, and is IPv6-ready for a reliable network today and tomorrow.
Greater Coverage and Speeds with the latest Wireless AC and Revolutionary AC SmartBeam™ Technology
The DIR-860L uses the latest Wireless AC technology, which can provide transfer rates of up to 867 Mbps3. D-Link’s intelligent AC SmartBeam™ technology guarantees continuous blazing fast wireless speeds to all your devices, anywhere in your home, even under heavy network utilisation or in rooms that have bad wireless signal. Faster gigabit wireless speeds allow you to download contents and sync files 3 times faster1 than the previous standard and provide you with whole home coverage. The router operates on both the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz wireless bands at the same time using concurrent dual-band technology and six internal antennas. This allows you to browse the web, chat and e-mail using the 2.4 GHz band, while simultaneously streaming digital media, playing online games, or making Internet phone calls on the 5 GHz band.
Stay informed and protected with mydlink™
This router gives you complete control by allowing you to monitor who is connecting to your network, which sites they are visiting and block unwanted visitors. You can monitor your home network remotely through the mydlink™ web portal or by downloading the free mydlink™ app available for your iOS or Android devices.
File Sharing Right at Your Fingertips
Connect a USB storage device to your DIR-860L to create a shared storage space, making it easy to access and share files between computers and devices connected to your network. Plug in a USB hard drive to stream your library of videos and music to your laptop. Plus, the SharePort™ Mobile app for iOS and Android devices allows you to back up photos and videos stored on your device. You can even customise your shared storage space by creating separate accounts to control access to the USB drive, so you can share your music with everyone but keep your personal files private. This Cloud Router can also be used as a media server for your home to stream media stored on your USB storage drive to any DLNA compliant player like the Boxee Box by D-Link.
Easy to Set Up and Use
Get the DIR-860L up and running in no time right from your couch using the QRS (Quick Router Setup) Mobile app on your iOS or Android device. Simply plug in the router, open the app, and follow a few easy steps to get your home network connected without having to touch a computer. You can also set up a secure network with the touch of a button using Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Simply press the WPS button to instantly establish a secure connection to a new device. If you have additional mydlink™ products, you can take advantage of mydlink™ Zero Configuration. Simply connect your mydlink™-enabled device to the DIR-860L and the router will automatically link it to your mydlink™ account with no configuration required.
Modern, Artistic Design
The elegant curves and vertical design of this Cloud Router mean that you don’t need to hide another piece of tech clutter in your home. With all ports and connectors discreetly hidden on the back of the device, you can proudly display your router as a seamless part of any modern home.
1 When compared with Wireless N300. Requires devices that supports 802.11ac wireless standard.
2 When a storage device is connected to your router. File sharing is for local network use only.
3 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11ac (draft) specifications which are subject to change. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
4 Although DIR-860L H/W ver. B1 is compatible with DD-WRT, please be advised that if DD-WRT is used this will void your warranty and D-Link will not accept responsibility or support any products that may adversely be affected as a result of using DD-WRT.
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN for a complete range of wireless compatibility
- AC SmartBeam™ ensures optimal wireless signal to every corner of your home
- Multiple internal antennas with Wireless AC technology to optimise your wireless coverage
- Gigabit WAN and LAN ports for high-speed wired connections
- USB port to connect storage drives and printers for sharing
- Remotely view and manage your network over the Internet
- Access your network through a mobile app
- mydlink™ Lite app helps you access, manage and view your network remotely
- SharePort™ Mobile app lets you stream and share media files and documents across your network
- QRS Mobile app sets up your network using a mobile device without the need for a computer
- WPA & WPA2 wireless encryption protects the network from intruders
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) securely adds devices to your network at the push of a button
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN ports
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit WAN port
- USB port
- Four internal antennas
- IEEE 802.11ac (draft)
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/Vista/XP SP3 or
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 1.5 or higher, or other Java-enabled browser
- Ethernet network interface
- Cable or xDSL modem
- Subscription with an Internet Service Provider
- Guest Zone
- SharePort™ web access
- Multi-language web setup wizard
- Green Ethernet
- DLNA Media server support
- Dual Active Firewall
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- Remote Management
- View current upload/download bandwidth
- View currently connected clients
- View web browsing history per client
- Block/unblock client network access
- Manage wireless network details
- Accessible through a web browser or iOS or Android mobile app
Mobile App Support
- mydlink™ Lite
- SharePort™ Mobile
- QRS Mobile
- WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN/PBC
Dimensions (L x W x D)
- 119.0 x 99.0 x 191.5 mm (4.69 x 3.9 x 7.5 inches)
- 350 grams (0.77 lbs)
- Input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 12 V DC, 2.0 A
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Storage: -20 to 65 °C (-4 to 149 °F)
- Operating: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- FCC Class B
- CE Class B
- IPv6 Ready Wi-Fi Certified
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)
- Compatible with Windows 8
1 Requires devices that supports 802.11ac wireless standard. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11ac specifications which are subject to change. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
2 Although DIR-860L H/W ver. B1 is compatible with DD-WRT, please be advised that if DD-WRT is used this will void your warranty and D-Link will not accept responsibility or support any products that may adversely be affected as a result of using DD-WRT.