How do I allow Internet users to access services on my local network (port forwarding)?
- Open your Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and type inthe IP address of the DSL-2740B (default: 192.168.1.1). PressEnter.
- A dialog box will prompt you for a User Nameand Password. Enter admin for both, thenclick on OK.
- Click on the ADVANCED tab at the top, then theVIRTUAL SERVER button on the left. This will bringup the VIRTUAL SERVER RULES screen. Click thebutton labeled Add A Rule.
- Enter the IP address of the server on your local network in thefield Server IP Address, then choose one of thetwo options above:
- If the application you are using is listed in the drop-downlist of services, select it from here.
- If you cannot find the application in that list, selectCustom Server and enter the details yourself.
Example: to allow Internet users to view images from twocameras on ports 8080 and 8081, you would select CustomServerand enter a descriptive name. Under ExternalPort Start enter 8080 and under External PortEnd enter 8081. Select the correctProtocol, then enter ports 8080 and 8081 intoInternal Port Start and Internal PortEnd, respectively.
- Click Add Rules at the top of the page