How to open ports on the DSL-2750B?
Before you start you need to know the port or service you want to open and allow access from the Internet to your local network and the IP address of the device (computer, server, NAS ...) for which you are performing opening ports.
- From a computer connected to the router by cable or Wi-Fi open your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Chrome) and access the router configuration by typing into your browser address http://192.168.1.1
- If you have not changed the default username and password enter "admin" and password "admin".
- Once inside the configuration click "ADVANCED" from the top menu, then in the menu on the left hand side, click on "Port Forwarding"
- In Configuration Port Forwarding Rules you can create rules that allow you to make the opening of the ports.
- If an application or service is known (eMule, FTP, HTTP, POP3 ...), select the service in “Application Name” and click the "<<" and the standard ports will be filled in automatically.
Conversely, if it is not a known application or service then you will need to manually specify the TCP / UDP ports to open in the External Port column and the same port in Internal Port (may indicate different ports and internal external ports but is not recommended for novice users).
-In "IP Address you specify the IP address of the computer to which you want the port opening.
Once you have entered data, click "Apply" and the rule will be added in the menu Active Port Forwarding Rules, please note that this rule can be modified from the Edit or Remove option.
These may also help:
- Port forwarding for DSL-2750B Read Answer
- DSL-2750B Internet Setup Read Answer
- DSL-2750B LAN Setup Read Answer