How do I upgrade my firmware?
The easiest way to upgrade your Boxee Box firmware is online. The Boxee Box will check if you already have the latest firmware, and if not, it will guide you through the upgrade process. To manually check if there is a new version of firmware, go to Settings>System> Update and select Check for new version of Boxee.
However, if you want to upgrade manually, please follow these steps:
1. Download the latest Boxee Box firmware at http://www.boxee.tv/download/boxeebox. The downloaded file will be named boxee.iso, and that name must be retained.
2. Copy the boxee.iso file to a thumb drive. Make sure to properly eject the thumb drive after copying the file.
3. Power down the Boxee Box.
4. Power on the Boxee Box by pressing and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds. The Boxee Box will then reboot with the logo in orange.
5. After the Recovery Menu appears, connect your thumb drive to the Boxee Box, wait 2 seconds, choose Reset all Settings and then select Upgrade from USB from the menu, and follow on-screen instructions.