How do I reset my camera to factory default settings?
If you forget your camera’s password and have not registered with the mydlink cloud service, you can perform a reset to return all settings to the factory default.
If you can’t open the login web page or log in to the device.
If you change your network environment.
If you want to assign device to another mydlink account.
If you encounter a problem while registering the device to the mydlink service.
If the setup wizard can’t find the camera.
Note: After a factory reset you will need to re-register the camera with mydlink
Step 1: With the unit on, use a paper clip to press the reset button inside the hole on the back on the unit labeled Reset.
Step 2: Hold the button down for 10 seconds and release.
Note: Do not unplug the power during this procedure.
Step 3: The unit will then reboot. Once the power light stops blinking, the unit is reset and all settings are restored to their defaults.
These may also help:
- How do I access my mydlink camera remotely? Read Answer
- How do I change the LAN IP address of my camera? Read Answer
- What can I do when Active X fails to install during my mydlink camera setup? Read Answer
- How do I configure motion detection on my camera? Read Answer
- How do I configure the audio settings on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I enable a new camera in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I manually upgrade the firmware on my camera? Read Answer
- How do I mount my camera to a wall or ceiling? Read Answer
- How do I set an administrator (admin) password on my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I set up and install my DCS-5020L? Read Answer
- How do I set up motion detection and recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer
- How do I set up scheduled recording in D-ViewCam? Read Answer