Wireless AC1300 Wave 2 Dual‑Band Unified Access Point with Smart Antenna
- Product Status: Live
Wave 2 has landed. Connect to more.
Unparalleled performance makes the DWL‑6620APS Wireless AC1300 Wave 2 Unified Access Point a must‑have upgrade that allows your wireless customers in high‑density areas to reliably connect to more, with faster throughput and flexibility. Perfect for medium to large‑scale Wi‑Fi networks.
AC1300 Wave 2 Wi-Fi
Combined wireless speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps* with 802.11ac Wave 2 technology.
802.11k Fast Roaming1
Allows wireless clients to move freely, jumping from AP to AP without losing connectivity.
D-Link Smart Antenna
Improved throughput and coverage by reducing co-channel interference, bringing more reliability in high-density areas.
Automatically steers traffic to the fastest, least congested band.
Smart, secure & green
The wireless scheduler feature, which turns off wireless functionality when it isn’t needed, saves power and increases network security.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Register and enjoy Limited Lifetime Warranty support from one of the global leaders in the industry.
Smart Antenna Technology
D‑Link’s Smart Antenna technology processes algorithms used to identify spatial signal signatures such as Direction Of Arrival, and uses them to calculate beamforming vectors which are then used to target the wireless client and achieve the best possible throughput.
The fast channel selection feature scans all channels and rapidly selects the one with the least interference. And the Null Steering capability curtails the power in the direction of interference to mitigate its influence. With these capabilities the D-Link Smart Antenna strengthens the connection reliability in real-time and delivers an optimised wireless user experience.
Greater Speed & Connectivity
It provides unparalleled connectivity by using the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard. High combined data rates of 1267 Mbps (867 Mbps for 802.11ac and 400 Mbps for 802.11n) can be delivered over the air and Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) together with 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS) can give time-sensitive traffic like Voice over IP (VoIP) or video streaming a higher priority ahead of other traffic.
Support for 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology enables the access point to communicate with multiple clients simultaneously, resulting in significantly improved network capacity and throughput.
Dual‑Band Wireless for efficient performance
The 2.4 GHz and high-speed 5 GHz AC channels and band steering technology makes your business network flexible by automatically placing clients on the optimal band for their needs like casual web browsing, and data-hungry operations like video streams and large file transfers.
Airtime fairness ensures that equal airtime is given to each client, providing improved performance even when slower devices are connected.
Centrally Manage your Wireless Network
When deployed in combination with D-Link Wireless Controllers (DWC-1000/DWC-2000), up to 1,024 DWL-6620APS access points can be centrally managed. Once the APs are discovered by the controller, any configuration can be pushed to them as a group, instead of doing so individually. Additionally, Radio Frequency (RF) resource management1 allows wireless coverage to be managed centrally, providing the best coverage possible for wireless clients.1 This feature is available when Unified AP is used in conjunction with D-Link’s line of Wireless Controllers (DWC-1000/DWC-2000)
Guaranteed round‑the‑cloud tech response, even on weekends & bank holidays
Protect your network uptime with optional rapid-response tech support, designed to ensure businesses get the best fit solution for their unique environment. Our warranties and extended service packages reduce downtime, extend the lives of the products, and maximise your up-time by solving technical problems quickly and effectively.
We're here to help
Over 30 years in the networking industry
Innovative end‑to‑end solution experts for small businesses to large corporations around the world.
Talking to us is easy
Skilled local support in 16 countries. Our support teams are ready to help you.
Round‑the‑clock tech response available
Purchase an instant support and rapid‑replacement service that replaces faulty equipment quickly and efficiently.
Full technical details
- 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- 802.11a/n/ac Wave 2 5 GHz
- Two 10/100/1000BASE‑T LAN PoE ports
- One RJ45 console port
- Power switch
- Reset button
- Power connector
- 2x2 Internal Smart Antennas
- Data Rate*
- 2.4 GHz – Up to 400 Mbps
- 5 GHz ‑ Up to 867 Mbps
- Operating Frequency
- 2400 to 2483.5 MHz
- 5150 to 5850 MHz
- Operating Channels
- 1 to 13 channels for 2.4 GHz band (per country code)
- 36 to 165 channels for 5 GHz band per country code
- System Management
- Web‑based user interface (HTTP/HTTPs)
- Command‑Line Interface (CLI)
- SSID Security
- Up to 32 SSIDs, 16 per radio
- 802.1Q VLAN
- Station Isolation
- Wireless Security
- WPA/WPA2 Personal/Enterprise
- AES and TKIP
- Detection and Prevention
- Rogue and valid AP classification
- MAC address filtering
- Power Adaptor
- External Power Adapter: 12 VDC 2A (not included)
- Powered by 802.3at PoE power
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- 10/100/1000 Mbps 802.3at PoE input on LAN 1 Port
- Max Power Consumption
- 16.32 W
- Bottom cover – plastic
- Top cover – plastic
- UL2043 certified housing
- Operating: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Storage: ‑20 to 65 °C (‑4 to 149 °F)
- Operating: 10% to 90% non‑condensing
- Storage: 5% to 95% non‑condensing
- Meantime Between Failure (MTBF)
- 925,606 hours
- EN60601‑1‑2 (Medical electrical equipment)
- 220 x 55.45 mm (8.66 x 2.18 in.)
- 0.614 kg (1.35 lbs) without bracket
- 0.663 kg (1.46 lbs) with bracket Power
* 1267 Mbps (867 Mbps for 802.11ac and 400 Mbps for 802.11n). Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 and 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.
1 This feature is available when Unified AP is used in conjunction with D-Link’s line of Wireless Controllers (DWC-1000/DWC-2000)
2 The 2x2 smart antenna supports up to 81sets of radio patterns. The omni-directional mode is one such pattern.