How do I reset my Wi-Fi Extender to factory default settings?
Example: If you forget the password for you Wi-Fi Extender’s configuration interface, you can do a factory reset to return the settings to the factory defaults.
Note: Performing a factory reset will erase all current settings, and this action cannot be undone.
Method 1: With the unit on, use a paperclip to press and hold the reset button (located inside a hole on the base of the unit) for 10 seconds. The LED will turn red to indicate that the unit is rebooting. Wait about 30 seconds to access the extender. The default IP address is http://dlinkap.local or http://192.168.50.
Method 2: From the main page of the configuration interface, move the cursor to the Management tab at the top right-hand corner of the screen, then click System from the drop-down menu. Click the Restore Factory Defaults button. A warning notification will appear to confirm the factory reset. Click OK to confirm the factory reset.
Note: Under factory default settings, there is no password to access the configuration interface. Leave the Admin Password field blank.
These may also help:
- How do I back up the Wi-Fi Extender’s configuration to my computer? Read Answer
- How do I change the Administrator password on Wi-Fi Extender? Read Answer
- How do I change the password for the extended network? Read Answer
- How do I change the SSID/network name of the extended networks? Read Answer
- How do I set up and install my Wireless Extender? Read Answer
- How do I upgrade the firmware on my Wi-Fi Extender? Read Answer
- I have forgotten my Extended Wi-Fi password, how do I recover it? Read Answer