The D-viewCam mobile app allows you to view live feeds and playback recorded video from your NVR or Running D-ViewCam software using your Apple or Android Smartphone.
Note: D-ViewCam must be installed and running.
Launch the D-ViewCam Software on your computer
> Network Services
Under the Main tab
, press Start
to start the Network Server (needed for D-ViewCam mobile to connect) and click OK.
Minimize D-ViewCam (It must still be running)
Download the D-ViewCam Mobile App
from the Apple or Android App Store and launch the App
Click on the + icon on the top right to add your D-ViewCam instance.
Enter your D-ViewCam software Credentials
- Server Name: This is an Optional name for your software (Used to easily identify specific D-View Software instances)
- Server Address: Enter the IP address of the computer running D-ViewCam
- Note: If using the APP within the same network enter the private IP address of the computer running D-ViewCam (e.g. 192.168.0.x)
- If using the APP remotely (over the internet or through 3G/4G) you would need to enter the Public/Internet IP address of your Router/Firewall.
- If using a D-Link router, this can be found under the Status Tab of the routers setup page.
- Contact your router manufacture or IT administrator for further assistance.
- Live Streaming Port: 5150
- Playback Server: 5160
- Username: Username used to access your the D-ViewCam Software
- Password: Password used to access your D-ViewCam Software
Note: If using the D-View Cam Mobile APP over the Internet/3G/4G you will need to open the Live Streaming and Playback Server ports on your router/firewall to allow access. Ports 5150 (TCP) and 5160(TCP) are required. (See below for instructions how to open ports on a D-Link router)
Select your D-ViewCam instance
Opening Ports on a D-Link router
Step 1: Log into Router- Open Internet Browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar
Step2: Enter Username and Password (default username is admin and there is no password)
Step 3: Click on the Advanced Tab > Virtual Server
Step 4: Check to Enable
Repeat for port 5160
- Name: Enter name for rule (i.e. dviewcam- Streaming)
- IP address: Enter the IP of the PC running dviewcam (Private IP- E.g. 192.168.0.102)
- Public: 5150
- Private: 5150
- Protocol: All
- Schedule: Always