Why can't I get online? My D-Link icon on the system Tray is white with red line moving up and down on it.
A white D-Link icon with red line shows that the adapter is notconnected to the wireless signal. Here are a few things to makesure of:
- Disable any software firewalls you may have installed on yourPC.
- Try restarting the Computer.
- Make sure the router's WLAN light is on.
- If you are running wireless encryption on your AccessPoint/Wireless router, make sure that you have entered the correctEncryption key.
- Finally, try changing channels on the router according to themanual for your router and try connecting wirelessly. (With D-Linkrouters, you will direct Internet Explorer to eitherhttp://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 , dependingon the model. The channel is usually located under Home/Wireless orSetup/Wireless.)