By using the DES-1252 switch you will be able to create a cost effective managed solution that can be expanded when needed. This enables you to deploy an entry-level managed solution with a minimum amount of investment.
48-port 10/100Mbps L2 Switch with 4 Gigabit Copper Ports (2 Combo SFP) and Management
The DES-1252 switch is a high-performance managed Layer 2 switch that provides an ideal solution for workgroups and departments. This switch present a great entry-level managed solution for the SMB just starting out or the already established business looking to bring a managed solution to the desktops. This switch provides 4 Gigabit uplinks for connection to a Gigabit backbone or servers.
With powerful switch fabric and abundant processing memory, the DES-1252 provides wire-speed high performance for departments and workgroups. This switch includes support functions such as IGMP snooping, QoS, 802.1Q VLAN, port mirroring, Spanning Tree, port trunks to enhance performance and network resiliency.
They also support 802.1p Priority Queues, enabling users to run bandwidth-sensitive applications such as streaming multimedia and VoIP on the network. These functions allow the switches to work seamlessly with managed VLAN and 802.1p traffic on the network.
The switches provide MAC address filters screen access to the network. They support 802.1x port-based authentication, allowing the network to be configured with external RADIUS servers. Additional features like D-Link Safeguard Engine protect the switches against traffic flooding caused by virus/worm outbreaks.
With full color graphic pictures, diagrams, and easy to understand navigation menus, the switches' Web based SmartConsole Utility is as easy to use as surfing the net. It includes useful features like auto-discovery for automatic display of all DES-1228 and DES-1252 switches running on the network, Monitor List for status and trap messages and Trap View for system events, device boot up, abnormal data transfer errors and illegal login.
With built-in SNMP-based MIBs, the switches can also be integrated in an SNMP-based network and polled to provide valuable information about the status of the unit and send traps on abnormal events.
Actual product appearance may differ from the image displayed on this page
- Cost effective 48-port managed L2 switch
- 4 Gigabit Copper (2 Combo SFP) ports for Gigabit/Fiber backbone connection
- Fan-less design
- 19" rack-mount size
- Choices of Ethernet and Gigabit copper/fiber uplinks
- 802.1Q VLAN standard (VLAN Tagging), 256 static VLAN groups
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- 802.1p Priority Queues standard
- IGMP snooping: supports 64 multicast groups Default flooding for non-joined multicast traffic
- 802.1D Spanning Tree
- Port trunk (Link Aggregation): up to 6 groups per device, up to 8 ports per group
- WRR mode in queue handling
- 802.1x port-based access control
- Broadcast Storm Control
- Port security: Enable/disable auto-learning of MAC addresses
- Web-based GUI
- SNMP v.1 support
- DHCP client
- Trap setting for destination IP, system events, fiber port events, twisted-pair port events
- Switch Discovery/Management Utility
- Safeguard Engine CPU interface filtering
- Heat Dissipation 86.95 BTU/hr
Optional SFP Transceivers
DEM-310GT SFP transceiver for 1000BASE-LX, single-mode fiber, max. 10 km, 3.3V
DEM-311GT SFP transceiver for 1000BASE-SX, multi-mode fiber, max. 550 m, 3.3V
Optional Management Software
DS-510S D-View 5.1 SNMP Network Management Program (standard version)
DS-510P D-View 5.1 SNMP Network Management Program (professional version)
|Manual (English)||Manual (English)||-||1.70mb||Download|
|Quick Installation Guide (English)||-||0.56mb||Download|
|Software Setup||Software Setup||5.3.2007||Download|