- 4-bay NAS storage with capacity for 12 Tb
- Advanced features including Snapshot and replication technology supplied with no need for additional licenses
- RAID levels and S.M.A.R.T. monitoring for redundancy and data integrity
- Active Directory service
- Sophisticated backup features for file protection
- Accessibility of stored data locally or via the Internet
- User/group quotas for security and confidentiality
- SNMP compatible for control and monitoring over the network
- Easy to use: intuitive web GUI, no IT skills required
- Dual Gigabit connectivity for high availability and fast transmission speeds
- Two USB ports for UPS, printer, and external storage support
- VLAN-compatible to control and contain NAS traffic on the network
- iSCSI support for accelerated performance
- Tool-less, hassle-free hard-drive installation
- D-Link Green™: energy-saving design
The DNS-1100-04 integrates a NAS file server which takes full advantage of the accelerated performance provided by iSCSI. Files can be shared across the network or over the Internet via FTP or an intuitive web file manager, to users with the appropriate credentials.
iSCSI for IP Networks
iSCSI offers exceptionally fast access performance thanks to block-level data transfer. iSCSI targets appear as a local drive on a client PC. Operations such as configuration, provisioning, and backup can be handled by the administrator in the same way they would be for directly attached storage. By utilising existing Ethernet technology, the cost associated with separate host bus adapters and the per-Gigabyte cost for storage can be significantly reduced.
A Variety of Backup Options
The DNS-1100-04 offers several backup options which allow administrators and users to control how, when, and where their data is stored. Remote backup will keep a copy of your files on a remote NAS over the Internet for extra data protection, and volume snapshots can backup a whole volume in a few minutes in contrast with traditional backup schemes that can take hours.
Account management features include the ability to manage users/groups and Read/Write permissions. Create users, groups, and iSCSI targets with password authentication. Additionally, VLAN tag support combined with AES encryption keeps files secure. iSCSI implements a Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) to guarantee secure access to the storage system.
Share Printers and USB Storage
USB connectivity provides the option to establish a printer server, monitor a UPS, or connect USB devices such as hard drives and flash storage.
RAID for Efficiency and Redundancy
The DNS-1100-04 features 4 Serial ATA (SATA) disk drive bays supporting RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 5 or JBOD configurations. IT administrators can quickly deploy a network storage solution using inexpensive SATA disk drives, and can add more drives depending on storage needs. Additionally, S.M.A.R.T. disk diagnostics helps to ensure hardware integrity and warns of possible failures before they occur.
Green Features Save Energy
The DNS-1100-04 SharecenterTM Pro 1100 is part of D-Link Green, D-Link’s programme for providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance: if the hard drives are not used in a configurable period of time, or data is not being transmitted, the SharecenterTM Pro1100 will enter stand-by mode to save power. The silent fan will adapt its speed depending on the hard drives temperature. Additionally, the scheduled on/off function allows the device to be automatically switched off when it is not in use.
La apariencia real del producto podría diferir de la imagen mostrada en esta página.