- Up to 200Mbps Fast Ethernet Fiber Connection
- 32-bit PCI Bus Master Operation
- Full-Duplex Operation
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) Power Management Support
- IEEE 802.3x Full-Duplex Flow Control
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Support
- IEEE 802.1p Priority Tagging
- Supports Windows 2003, 2000, XP, Vista x86/64, NetWare, Linux, Mac OS
- Optional Boot ROM for Remote Program Load From Servers
The DFE-551FX Optical Fiber Fast Ethernet Adapter connects your desktop PC to a reliable fiber network. The card plugs into a PCI expansion slot inside your PC, transmits data at 200Mbps full duplex. Supporting advanced functions including traffic priority queues and VLAN, this adapter provides a secure environment to let you run bandwidth-demanding applications, such as IP telephony and video conferencing.
Reliable Fiber Connection
The DFE-551FX card allows you to establish secure fiber link for your PC. It can be used to set up a power workstation or a server with a direct fiber connection to a Fast Ethernet switch. Capable of running at 200Mbps fullduplex, this card serves well in a high electro-magnetic interference environment, providing a cable distance of up to 2 km to the switch.
Wake-On-LAN Power Management
The card supports Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI) Wake-On-LAN (WOL), allows your computer to be powered ON/OFF from a remote place. Providing a great utility for power management of the PC, this function allows the administrator to send a wake-up signal to the computer to initiate action at irregular times and from distant locations
With 32-bit bus master operation, the card guarantees the highest performance. Bus master transfers data directly between the card and the host at multi-megabits per second, bypass the host CPU to alleviate its workload.
Flow Control to Minimize Packet Loss
The card’s embedded flow control provides a means to protect against possible data loss during transmission on the network. When connected to a Fast Ethernet switch that supports flow control, the card receives signals from the switch regarding buffer overrun during peak usage periods. The card then delays transmission until the switch is ready again to accept new data.
VLAN to Improve Performance and Security
The card supports IEEE 802.1Q multiple Virtual LAN, allowing you to segment the network to smaller domains to improve performance and security. Dissemination of broadcast and unnecessary computer-to-computer packets can be restricted to reduce extraneous traffic. The card provides a VLAN table for the following functions: filtering packets by recognizing VLAN Tags, stripping VLAN Tags on receive, and inserting VLAN Tags on transmit.
IEEE 802.1p Priority Queues Support
With packet prioritization capability, the card allows traffic to be queued as critical and non-critical, permitting your computer to run voice over IP, video-conference and multimedia applications where packets are delivered at best-effort speeds.
RPL and PXE Remote Boot Options
2 remote boot options are available for selection. Administrators can choose to set up a security scheme for diskless workstations to boot from servers using the traditional Remote Program Load (RPL) or Intel’s Preboot Execution Environment (PXE). Stations with boot ROMs installed on the on-board socket can boot O.S. from NetWare, NT and other servers to run applications designated by the administrator.
Actual product appearance may differ from the image displayed on this page
- Especificación Fast Ethernet 100Base-FX, hasta 200 Mbps en full duplex
- Fibra óptica multimodo 62,5/125 p 50/125 micrómetros (hasta 2 km en full duplex)
- Conector por fibra SC
- Especificación PCI local bus
- ROM de arranque opcional para la carga remota de programas desde servidores
- Soporte de gestión de alimentación WOL (Wake-on-LAN)
- Control de flujo full duplex IEEE 8023x
- Soporte de IEEE 8021Q VLAN
- Prioridad Tagging IEEE 8021p
- Gestión SNMP v1
- Windows 95/95OSR2/98/98SE/ME
- Windows 2000/XP/server 2003/Vista x64/x68
- Windows NT 351/40
- Novell NetWare Server 5x/6x + Packet Driver
- Linux Kernel de 24x a 26x + NDIS2 for DOS
- Mac OS 103x