D-Link Unveils First Apple HomeKit Enabled Camera at CES
New D-Link Omna™ 180 Cam HD Supports Apple’s Smart Home Ecosystem
12 januari, 2017
D-Link, a leader in Wi-Fi connectivity and home video monitoring, has today announced its new Omna™ 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310).
The first in its Omna family of HomeKit enabled devices - provides an easy and reliable solution to monitor a home or office.
Featuring an elegant, modern design, the Omna 180 Cam HD offers a 180-degree field of view to monitor an entire room, and Full HD 1080p video quality for crystal clear video surveillance. The HomeKit enabled camera includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption, and authentication between the camera and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Apple HomeKit technology also allows users to set up the 180 Cam HD within seconds, in just a few simple steps, via the Apple Home app in iOS 10 or later version. Users can also view alerts on the lock screen of their iPhone or iPad via the Home app, showing a snapshot of what's happening in their home, the moment motion is detected. The Omna 180 Cam HD also works seamlessly with other HomeKit enabled devices, allowing scenes such as lights or alarms to be turned on when it detects motion.
"We're excited to launch our first HomeKit enabled camera, combining D-Link's rich experience in IP cameras, with Apple's industry-leading home automation technology," said Kevin Wen, President of D-Link Europe. "As with all our devices, we're committed to create products that people will truly benefit from. The enhanced functionality and addition of the 180 Cam HD to the HomeKit ecosystem is a true reflection of this."
D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) Key Features:
Omna's HomeKit integration allows users to be "always home." Seeing everything through their iOS device offers extra peace of mind. This includes keeping an eye on a baby in the nursery, checking on an elderly relative, watching a dog in the living room, or helping to ensure homes are safe while on away on holiday*.
- 180-Degree Field of View – Omna is derived from the Latin word 'omnis' meaning all-encompassing. Most cameras offer a limited 130-degree lens, while D-Link's unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to the available bandwidth to ensure seamless performance.
- Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera's built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home, they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision – See up to five metres in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Local Recording – Record video clips the moment activity is detected directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB, offering flexibility without being compromised by network or Internet bandwidth – and without recurring monthly fees.
- Omna App – Advanced features are available on the free Omna companion app.
- Stylish Design – The camera is designed to effortlessly blend into its surroundings in a modern home or office with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
- Motion Detection – Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording.