Unified Wireless AC1750 Dual‑Band Access Point
- Product Status: Live
The DWL-8610AP is a state of the art, Unified Wireless AC1750 Access Point, enabling businesses of all sizes create the fastest wireless network possible. With PoE incorporated as standard and a clean industrial design the DWL-8610AP can be deployed unobtrusively anywhere.
Performance without Compromise
Incorporating the latest leading Wireless AC Chipset, the DWL-8610AP delivers a maximum wireless speed of 1750Mbps, up to 4x the performance of Wireless N*.
Broadcast on 32 SSIDs Simultaneously
Supports up to 32 SSIDs, 16 per radio, including station isolation
The DWL-8610AP can be mounted easily onto any wall or ceiling. Designed with standard Power over Ethernet requirements, the DWL-8610AP can easily be deployed and connected to any network and configured centrally.
Managed using Wireless Controller or Unified Wireless Switch
All D-Link’s Unified Wireless Access Point can be managed using D-Link’s Wireless Controller or Unified Switch.
Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless
Supports up to 1300 Mbps 3x3 MIMO for the 5Ghz band and up to 450Mbps 3x3 MIMO for the 2.4Ghz band
Secure and Green Design
The DWL-8610AP has a wireless scheduler feature, which turns off wireless functionality when it isn’t needed, saving power and increasing network security.
Band Steering Offered as Standard
With band steering, the DWL-8610AP detects whether or not the wireless client is dual-band capable, and if so, it pushes the client to connect to the less congested 5 Ghz band. It does this by actively blocking the client’s attempts to associate with the 2.4 Ghz network.
Versatility built as Standard
Whether you intend to use a single Access Point or roll out a large corporate network, the DWL-8610AP coupled with D-Link's Wireless Controller or Switch makes managing your wireless network simple.
Fast Seamless Roaming
Combining the DWL-8610AP with a Unified Wireless Switch or Controller allows you to create a wireless network that enables people to move freely around a building without losing connectivity
* When compared to Wireless N300
|Wireless Standard||B, G, N||B, G, N||B, G, N||B, G, N, AC|
|Frequency||2.4GHz||2.4GHz||2.4GHz, 5GHz||2.4GHz, 5GHz|
|Suggested number of users||Up to 25
|Up to 40
|Up to 75
|Up to 250
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 and draft 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.
2 Range indicates the maximum distance where the highest throughput can be achieved, anything beyond this distance results in a loss of throughput.
Functions & Features
- IEEE 802.11ac wireless1
- Up to 1300+450 Mbps1
- 2 x Gigabit LAN ports
Made for Business-class Environments
- Simultaneous dual-band connectivity for increased network capacity
- AC SmartBeam™ technology
- Bandsteering for efficient traffic management
- Console port for debugging
Flexible & Scalable
- Flexible deployment, stand-alone or centrally managed by a wireless controller
- Self-configuring cluster enables easier provisioning. Up to 16 DWL-8610APs may form a self-configuring cluster
- WPA/WPA2 Personal
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise
- MAC address filtering
- Rogue AP detection
- Can be easily mounted on a wall or ceiling
- 802.3at Power Over Ethernet (PoE) enables installation in hard-to-reach locations
- UL2043 certified Plenum rated housing to comply with fire regulations
- RJ45 console port
- 2 Gigabit LAN Port (one port supporting 802.3at PoE)
- LAN 1
- LAN 2
- 2.4 GHz
- 5 GHz
- 2.4 GHz band: 2.4 GHz-2.4835 GHz
- 5 GHz band: 4.9 GHz-5.85 GHz
Data Transfer Rate
- 802.11ac: 433 Mbps-1300 Mbps
- 802.11n: 6.5 Mbps-450 Mbps
- 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 12, 9, and 6 Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2, and 1 Mbps
- 2.4 GHz: 13 channels
- 5 GHz: 19 non-overlapping channels
- Internal omni-directional antennas
- 6.5 dBi for 5 GHz, 5 dBi or 2.4 GHz
- WEP 64/128-bit encryption
- SSID broadcast disable
- MAC address access control
- Internal RADIUS server
- Operational modes
- AP Array
- Managed (with DWC-1000, DWS-4026 or DWS-3160)
- Web-based user interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Command line interface via
- RJ45 serial console
- 200 x 221 x 55 mm
- 875.8 grams
- 12 V DC, 2 A (power adapter not included)
Max Power Consumption
- 12.95 W
Power over Ethernet
- 802.3at PoE+
- Bottom cover – metal
- Top cover – plastic
- UL2043 certified
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Non-operating Temperature -20~65°C
- Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- EN 60601-1-2
1. 1300 Mbps is the maximum wireless signal rate as specified by IEEE 802.11ac standard. Actual data throughput will vary. Network and other environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials, and nearby radio interference may lower actual data throughput.
2. This feature is available when Unified AP is used in conjunction with D-Link’s line of Unified Switches and Wireless Controllers.