Active X fails to install during my mydlink camera setup
Step 1: If you have any software firewalls installed (Norton, Mcafee, Kaspersky), try temporarily disabling and running the wizard again.
Step 2: Ensure you are running the latest setup wizard. Please visit http://mydlink.com/support to download the latest version for your mydlink camera.
Step 3: Check your Internet Explorer settings. Ensure that the security level is set to Medium-high or Medium. (If set to High, temporarily lower until setup is complete)
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Settings > Internet Options
- Click on the Security Tab
Step 4: If the issue still persists, copy the setup wizard files to a USB Flash Drive or External drive and run it from there.
These may also help:
- Error Unable to connect to mydlink website during Setup Wizard Read Answer
- How do I add a mydlink-enabled device to my account if it's currently registered to another account? Read Answer
- How do I connect my camera wirelessly using Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS)? Read Answer
- How do I set up a mydlink-enabled Cloud Camera? Read Answer
- How to add 2nd camera to the same mydlink account? Read Answer
- I'm using the Setup Wizard for my camera, but it won't let me save the camera's password. Read Answer
- I'm getting error Cannot find Camera during my Mydlink camera setup Read Answer
- I'm getting error Unable to add this device to your mydlink account during my mydlink camera setup Read Answer
- What should I do if I can NOT set the device password Read Answer
- What should I do if I forget my mydlink-enabled products device password Read Answer
- What should I do if the setup wizard can't find my device? Read Answer