D‑Link launches new Wi‑Fi routers for ultra‑fast and extended range for home broadband
The all new Gigabit Wi‑Fi Routers fulfil the needs of the modern connected‑home, supporting high‑definition streaming, online gaming, Internet phone calls, smart home devices and content‑rich web surfing
01 shtator, 2017
D-Link has unveiled two new high-speed routers, engineered to meet the demands of the modern smart home and the increasing high definition multimedia applications. The DIR-878 EXO AC1900 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router and DIR-882 EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router offer the fastest wireless speeds and most extensive coverage currently available on the market.
As well as offering lightning-fast Wi-Fi speeds, for consumers looking to stream 4K movies, enjoy seamless online gaming, transfer large files and browse the Internet with more devices simultaneously, both Wi-Fi Gigabit Routers come with Multiple-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) with Advanced AC SmartBeam™. Using innovative 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, both also offer combined wireless speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps and 2.533 Gbps respectively.
MU-MIMO technology allows routers to send and receive large amounts of data to and from devices simultaneously, markedly increasing throughput and application responsiveness, whilst Advanced AC SmartBeam™ steers the wireless signal to where it is needed to dramatically improve wireless range.
Historically, homes may have contained a handful of smart devices and a computer or two, but today modern homes are filled with a wider array of connected devices, such as mobile phones, set-top boxes, networked security cameras and gaming consoles. Combined with the increasing prevalence of 4K, streamed media, it’s essential that a home network’s speed is reliable and that bandwidth is available to meet the demands of a growing network of connected technology.
Key benefits include:
- Better Wi-Fi for more devices - 802.11ac technology on the 5 GHz band means higher quality connections for more devices, providing greater throughput for each of a consumers’ wireless devices.
- Quality of Service – built-in QoS engine allows prioritisation of traffic, to ensure favourite applications receive optimal bandwidth
- Increased performance and reliability – Dual-band technology with SmartConnect distributes traffic over two dedicated Wi-Fi radios, optimising network performance and reliability
- Dependable wired performance – 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports for Network Attached Storage (NAS) and gaming consoles
- Easy to secure – Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) establishes encrypted wireless connections to new devices without the need to enter settings or create passwords. The built-in firewall provides access controls and protects against malicious attacks
- Instant file sharing – one Super Speed USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port on the DIR-882 facilitates easy sharing of documents, movies, pictures and music across your entire home network